The web is a giant place, and Dropbox is working to make the gap between computers and the internet much smaller. Dropbox is one of the fastest growing startups anywhere, and we’re serving companies, schools, and millions of people worldwide. Dropbox is working on big problems; the kind of challenges that give you bragging rights, but we’re nowhere near finished. Our greatest accomplishments are still waiting for you to build them.
We’ve got a pretty broad vision for where we want to head next: we want to tie everyone’s devices and services together to become the file system of the internet. And because we have such a small team, you’ll be owning huge ideas from the start. Meanwhile, you’ll join talented teammates to create something that simplifies people’s lives.
Benefits & Perks
- Set your own Dropbox storage quota
- Free breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, plus tons of snacks and beverages
- Office across from the SF Giants‘ ballpark
- Really flexible hours
- Eighteen days of paid vacation and eleven paid holidays
- If you’re sick, just stay home and get better
- Subsidized gym and commuter programs, including our very own Dropbox shuttle service within San Francisco
- Vision, dental, life, and health insurance too
- Join the band. Complete music studio equipped with drums, P.A., amplifiers, etc…
- Whiskey Fridays
- Gaming! Starcraft, dedicated game rooms, DDR (yep, a real machine), ping pong, tournaments, and more
- You’re an experience whisperer — you can distill complicated problems into simple and elegant solutions.
- You have an understanding of what makes an experience good or bad — you can think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, then mock them up in detail and work with engineers build them.
- You love making things beautiful, and you have a strong understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and white-space.
- You have a highly refined aesthetic sense and can both work within and expand the ‚Dropbox style‘.
- You’re a self-starter who actively seeks ways to make the Dropbox experience both visually appealing and easy to use.
- You look for opportunities to solve problems in unique and innovative ways.
- You understand the technical limitations and liberties behind your decisions, and have enough chops to communicate your ideas to engineers.
- You are actively involved in defining product strategy.
- You think in terms of design systems and make rational design decisions.
- You obsess over details, and are excited to polish until your work is pixel-perfect.
- You have plenty of experience designing for the web, and understand how to apply both form and function within it while maintaining simplicity.
- You’re constantly pushing your limits and searching for opportunities to become better.
- You create your own iconography, set up your own guidelines, and build easy-to-navigate documents.
- Your team collaboration skills are unparalleled.
- You thrive in an environment with short feedback loops.
- You read everything and will paste an html heart character before your first name on the next page.
- You want work on a team of the world’s best software designers and engineers building a product that you use everyday!
Please include a link to your portfolio – there’s a spot for it on the application page.
Dropbox is a file hosting service operated by Dropbox, Inc., that offers cloud storage, file synchronization, and client software. Dropbox allows users to create a special folder on each of their computers, which Dropbox then synchronizes so that it appears to be the same folder (with the same contents) regardless of which computer is used to view it. Files placed in this folder also are accessible through a website and mobile phone applications.